Monday, June 23, 2014

Good-bye, Blue!

Well.

That went fast.

We put Old Blue up for sail on Saturday night, and by Sunday afternoon, she was sold. A lovely couple and their two excited kids came to see her and bought on the spot. Tonight they came back with the truck to take her to her new home.

It felt so weird.

AND THEN I REALIZED THE RUDDER, DAGGERBOARD, AND MAINSHEET WERE STILL IN THE YARD!!

Ack! So, I called the new owner up, and luckily he hadn't gotten too far away. A good 10-15 minutes, so I brought the gear out to him. Whew!

I joked that I was having problems letting go. Also took a moment to make sure everything was secure and snug, and it looked like everything was going well. So, I patted the old girl and told her to be good, then let The Dad take her home to his anxiously awaiting crew.

Gaaaaaaah. Let's have a pretty parting pic:

Old Blue after we first sailed her.

No comments:

Post a Comment