Sunday, September 9, 2012

building my own boat book

Copyright of A Simple Life Afloat

How beautiful is this? I don't think this one will float, but there is something wonderful about a boat full of books.

Speaking of boats and books ... I've been heavily using interlibrary loan and the local collection to sift through sailboat books. Add this to the mounting list of bookmarks from Internet resources, and I may soon suffer a head-splosion.

So, I think I'm going to put together my own boat book culled from the information I think we need now as well as in the future. There are probably a couple of books I will outright by, but most of the books that are strictly sailboats focus on the cruisers on the Great Lakes or offshore sailing. We are bitty dinghy sailors, thanks. Then there are several books that despite having sailing in the title, predominantly focus on motorboating.

Some of the maintenance stuff on the cruisers will still apply, of course, but we don't have motors or electricals, and I don't see us graduating to that level for a loooooooong time. Or until we sell the house, by a blue water cruiser, and head south.

This would, of course, be our own personal reference, as we are not remotely skilled or authoritative enough to write a book, and even though many of the books have the same information, we would be totally cribbing and plagiarizing to make our own ebook and sell it. Bleh, no thanks. Maybe someday we can write the book about how to get into sailing on a budget and also not get a divorce while navigating a shallow lake with flukey wind ...

No comments:

Post a Comment